What We Do
- Source investment opportunities and structure private equity acquisitions of lower to mid-market sized businesses
- Partner with other private equity firms as co-investor on non-originated transactions
- Partner with alternative asset firms to structure investment funds
- Advise and mentor asset management firms and emerging managers to help expand their business
- Originate and develop real estate opportunities
What We Offer
- Deal experience that spans M&A, private equity, alternatives, SPV's, cross-border and start-ups
- For emerging managers, as well as seasoned managers, experience and expertise in business development strategies
- Access–via a deep pool of active relationships with family offices, foundations, endowments, pension funds and other institutional investors around the world, as well as select high net worth individuals
- Strong connections with strategic corporate investors/acquirers
- A broad base of Asian relationships–both strategic corporate investors/acquirers and institutional investors
- Ability to collaborate within the private equity and alternative asset community to leverage distinct areas of expertise
Alternative asset and private equity manager selection and due diligence to family offices and foundations
Witherspoon recognizes the meaningful changes occurring within the institutional world, including the growth of multi-family offices and the increase in direct participation and managed account formats. We support transparency and structural changes that better suit the needs of investors, and seek to incorporate these needs in all of our endeavors.
We believe significant market opportunities exist, particularly in emerging alternative asset strategies and in the acquisition of small and mid-size businesses and real estate. Sourcing and developing the best access to these opportunities with the right partners is our primary focus.